BBQ Pineapple Chicken Kabobs
BBQ Chicken Kabobs Recipe
Fresh pineapple chunks, a sweet and refreshing marinade, and juicy, tender meat make up the ideal grilling recipe for Barbecue chicken kabobs. This dish is hearty and light, making it ideal for camping trips, summer barbecues, or potluck gatherings.
We always seem to be searching for new recipes to try when grilling season begins. You can always find something new to attempt, whether it’s a novel method to prepare barbecue chicken or a brand-new homemade barbecue sauce.
You’ll get both with our BBQ chicken kebabs. A tasty new barbecue sauce and a novel method for cooking chicken. This recipe for BBQ Chicken Pineapple Kabobs is ideal for using your outdoor grill.
To give the chicken breasts a rich flavor that penetrates every piece of meat, the chicken is chopped and marinated in a delicious sauce. Then, for a little while, they are grilled along with fresh vegetables (long enough to make your mouth water).
- Bacon: Add raw bacon to the skewers for crispy bacon chicken kabobs.
- Other meat: You could also use pork, turkey, or beef chunks instead of chicken breasts.
- Soy sauce: In this recipe, adding some soy sauce to the final coating would be delicious.
- Add veggies: Feel free to add other veggies to your BBQ chicken skewers. Mushrooms, zucchini, and tomatoes are some good choices.
- Make barbecue sauce sweeter: Add some brown sugar to your BBQ sauce for a sweeter flavor.
- Spice it up: Try your own flavor combination of spices like thyme, paprika, garlic powder, or onion powder.
- Heat it up: For spicy chicken kabobs, add some red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper to the marinade.
- Grill pan: If the weather is not cooperating, just use a grill pan in your oven instead.
How to serve:
Memorial Day or any other time during the summer grilling season is the ideal opportunity to serve these grilled chicken kabobs. They are extremely popular with everyone. I made sure to put this recipe in my recipe box because my family liked it so much. Use one of these fantastic modifications or one of your own for this wonderful recipe.
- Sprinkle each of the chicken kabobs with chopped green onions or scallions.
- If you are serving these chicken skewers as the main entree, add some sides like our potato salad or grilled corn.
- Feel free to make your own sauce for this delicious dish by combining your favorite flavors like Worcestershire sauce, honey, and liquid smoke.
- Instead of BBQ sauce, try using a spicy sauce.
Try with our Egg Fried Rice for a Side Dish or our Chocolate Pound Cake for Dessert.
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce (homemade or store-bought)
- 1/4 cup Asian sweet chili sauce
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 pounds chicken breasts (boneless and skinless – cut into 1-inch chunks)
- 2 cups fresh pineapple chunks (the size of the chicken chunks)
- 1 red bell pepper (cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 red onion (cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil (or vegetable oil)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- In a medium bowl, combine the bbq sauce, teriyaki sauce, lime juice, zest, garlic, and ginger. Stir the mixture and reserve 1/4 cup.
- Add the rest of the mixture to a large Ziploc bag and add the chicken; marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight, turning the bag occasionally.
- When ready to grill, remove the chicken from the marinade and drain excess.
- Thread chicken, pineapple pieces, bell pepper, and onion onto skewers.
- Brush with canola oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the outdoor grill to medium heat, or place a grill pan over medium heat on the stove.
- Arrange the skewers on the grill, and cook for about 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally. The chicken is completely cooked through when it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Mix the reserved marinade sauce with the chili sauce.
- Brush the. skewers with the mixture and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve with Asian chili sauce mixture on the side.