Chicken Salad Recipe
Chicken Salad Recipe
Tender pieces of chicken breast, a lemon yogurt-mayonnaise sauce, crunchy chopped celery, and slivered almonds make up the delicious Chicken Salad. Chicken and mayo may be considered the only ingredients in a typical chicken salad recipe, but we like to add other ingredients to give the chicken salad a fresher, more savory taste.
Since 400 BC, we have eating chicken for roughly 10,000 years. Nonetheless, chicken salad is a more recent invention. Abby Fisher penned the first recipe for a cookbook in the United States in 1847.
However, Liam Gray, the owner of the Town Meats restaurant, invented the first chicken salad that became well-known in eateries in 1863. Our family gives this recipe, which was made first, a perfect five-star rating.
This dish for chicken salad combines Greek yogurt with creamy mayonnaise for a delicious result. The crunchy chopped celery and toasted slivered almonds offer all the flavors and textures you need to build a delicious chicken salad sandwich right now.
How to serve:
You can make chicken salad quickly and easily with leftover chicken and other items you already have on hand. This is the finest chicken salad recipe you have ever eaten, whether you are celebrating a special event like a birthday or baby shower or just want something chilled and delectable.
Add some bacon chunks to your chicken salad; everyone likes bacon.
For a richer, cheesier chicken salad, top with some parmesan, Romano, or another type of cheese.
Use a small amount of Dijon mustard to add some sharpness to sandwiches and wraps.
This creamy salad can be used to top rice or a bed of salad greens.
Moreover, you can serve this with a cheese plate, a medium bowl of crackers, and a small bowl of veggies to dip in the salad.
Serving a sweet tea or juice with this dish brings out the sweetness and the savory.
Have a slice of our Cream Cheese Pound Cake with this
- 4 cups cooked chicken breast (chopped into small cubes and some shredded)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt.
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup celery (chopped finely)
- 2 tablespoons green onions (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons chopped almonds (or slivered almonds, optional)
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Chop the chicken and add it to a large bowl.
- Prep and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix all the ingredients together well, taste, and adjust for salt and pepper. Also, add more mayo if needed. Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Serve and enjoy!