Beef and Mushrooms Recipe
Beef and Mushrooms Recipe
With tender beef chuck roast and baby Bella mushrooms in a red wine sauce, Beef and Mushrooms is a one-pan dish. Sliced mushrooms, beef chunks, carrots, and onion, all seasoned with red wine, Worcestershire sauce, and tomato paste, are all that are required for this delicious meal. Your dish’s nutty flavor is enhanced by the earthy mushrooms, which make it incredibly delightful.
One of the most popular meats today, beef can be found in countless dishes. One such is this dish with meat and mushrooms.
Using Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, and wine as well as other seasonings like onion, garlic, oregano, and paprika, the beef in this beef and mushroom recipe is braised in wine. Bay leaves, rosemary, and thyme provide an added layer of flavor to the already wonderful sauce. The entire family will adore it because of how flavorful it is.
For a special event or holiday, such as Thanksgiving or Christmas, this one-pan dish works well. Also, you can prepare the dinner in advance and simply reheat it before serving. The leftovers are even better.
How to serve:
This hearty dish is easy to make and can be served alone as a whole meal. Try one of these serving ideas.
- Give your beef with mushrooms a splash of teriyaki sauce before serving for even more flavor.
- Beef and mushrooms go great on top of a bed of egg noodles.
- Another way to serve this that sounds amazing is to add a large scoop to a bed of rice.
- Instead of serving with mashed potatoes, use mashed sweet potatoes for a unique taste.
- Serve with a hearty slice of crusty bread to soak up the gravy.
- Sprinkle on some red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper for a spicier dinner.
Serve this with a slice of our Lemon Pound Cake for dessert.
- 4–5 lbs. chuck roast (trimmed of fat and cut into 3-4 inch pieces)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 medium yellow onion (finely diced)
- 2 medium carrots (peeled and chopped)
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried paprika
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups light red wine (a Pinot Noir will work)
- 1 lb. baby Bella mushrooms (cleaned and quartered)
- 3 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 3 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pat dry the meat and generously season it with salt and pepper on all sides.
- Place a large Dutch oven over medium heat, add the oil and heat it until shimmering. In small batches, brown the beef pieces on all sides. About 2 minutes per side. Set meat aside.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add the diced onion, carrots, oregano, paprika, and bay leaves. Stir and saute until the veggies are just tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for 2 more minutes. Stir in Worcestershire sauce and tomato paste.
- Sprinkle the mixture with flour and stir until well combined.
- Slowly pour in the wine and stir to combine, after that add the mushrooms and stir.
- Arrange the meat on top in a single layer, it should not be submerged in the liquid.
- Add the thyme and rosemary between the pieces of meat and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Cover and place in the. preheated oven for 2 ½ -3 hours. Meat should be tender and fall apart with a fork when done.
- Serve over creamy mashed potatoes.