Lemon Pound Cake
Classic Lemon Pound Cake Recipe
Sour cream, fresh lemon juice, and zest are the main ingredients in Lemon Pound Cake. Finished with a tart-sweet lemon icing on top. This homemade recipe is superior to the one from Starbucks. This cake is ideal for your summer celebrations since it has a refreshing combination of sweetness and acidity.
The best lemon pound cake
Lemon Pound Cake is a simple dish that uses zesty citrus. It’s a terrific dessert because of the distinct sweet and sour flavor combination. This goes well with a warm or chilly beverage. Serve it alongside some whipped cream, fresh berries, and ice cream.
Each bite melts in your mouth with pleasure and is soft, refreshing, light, and fluffy. On a platter, it is just like summer. It makes sense that Starbucks would have it on their menu. We’ll show you how to make an even better version of that at home using this simple recipe.
What is a pound cake?
The classic recipe calls for one pound each of flour, eggs, sugar, and butter, hence the name. Typically, a loaf pan or Bundt pan is used for baking. Despite being dense, the top barely rises. To make it more moist, you can drizzle on some syrup and glaze.
See our other recipes for pound cake: Cream Cheese Pound Cake
Lemon Pound Cake:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1 1/2 cups white granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs (room temperature)
- Zest of 2 lemons
- Juice of two lemons
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
In a medium bowl, whisk together: flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
Combine Dry and Wet Ingredients:
- In a medium bowl, whisk together confectioners’ sugar and fresh lemon juice, and lemon zest until no lumps remain and the mixture has a smooth consistency. The mixture should be thick enough to coat the back of a spoon but still, maintain a drizzle consistency.
- If needed, add another teaspoon of lemon juice, or more sugar.
- Drizzle glaze over the cooled loaf, let it settle before slicing and serving.