Air Fryer Crispy Fish
Air Fryer Crispy Fish Recipe
Fish that has been air-fried until it is crisp and crunchy on the outside and flaky, delicate white inside. You can use it for a variety of fish recipes, from sandwiches to complete plated meals, because the mild fish pairs well with the lightly seasoned breading.
Our quick and easy air fryer fish recipe produces results that are comparable to those of deep-fried fish without the additional grease and cholesterol. For a taste that the whole family will enjoy, you can add additional seasonings like onion powder, red pepper flakes, or even ranch salad dressing.
- More spice: Use blackened seasoning or add red pepper flakes to give a spicy kick to your fish.
- More flavor: Similarly, you can add other seasonings like onion powder, Italian seasoning, or chili powder depending on what your family likes best.
- Breadcrumbs: Feel free to use breadcrumbs instead of a cornmeal mixture if you do not like cornmeal crust.
- Cheesy fish: Add a few tablespoons of parmesan cheese to the breading for a cheesy flavor.
- Other cheese: Or try using freshly grated cheddar cheese instead to make cheesy coated fish.
- Beer battered fish: For beer-battered fish, replace the lemon juice with your favorite beer.
Serve with French Fries or try our Creamy Potato Gratin
- 1 1/2 lbs. white fish fillets (about 1/2-inch thick – I used cod)
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- In a medium shallow bowl whisk together the cornmeal, flour, Cajun seasoning, smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Add the mayonnaise and lemon juice to another bowl and whisk until combined.
- Add the fish fillets to the mayo bowl and gently toss until completely covered.
- After that, dip each filet into the flour mixture until all sides are covered
- Next, arrange the fish filets into the Air Fryer basket in a single layer without touching each other, if needed cook in batches.
- Air fry at 400 degrees F for 8-10 minutes, or until golden and crispy. Flip the filets after 5 minutes of cooking. Repeat with the remaining filets.
- Serve with lemon and tartar sauce.