Instant Pot Mexican Casserole
Instant Pot Mexican Casserole
Using inexpensive items like ground beef, rice, cheese, salsa, and beans, the Instant Pot Mexican Casserole is a quick, filling, and healthful family meal. A tasty Tex-Mex supper the whole family will love.
a healthy and quick dinner for tonight!
Although it’s quicker and easier to prepare, this Mexican casserole is just as tasty and delicious as our regular taco lasagna. This dish may be completed in less than an hour with the aid of the Instant Pot.
This dish is what I would consider to be the pinnacle in comfort cuisine. First of all, it is inexpensive, quick, and incredibly simple to prepare. All you need to do is prepare the ingredients, add them to the pot, and pressure cook. You’ll have the ideal family meal ready in no time.
The fact that this meal combines some of the greatest Southwest tastes is another reason we adore it. The distinct rich and delicious tastes are added by the fresh tomatoes, ground beef, and chile.
By substituting cheeses, rice, or meat, you may also simply alter and change it. Instead of ground beef, you might use ground chicken or turkey. It’s also simple to make it hotter, vegetarian-friendly, or even gluten-free. This recipe ought to be at the top of your list if you’re searching for a quick and tasty family dinner.
What to Serve With Mexican Casserole?
This recipe is hearty as it is, and it’s filled with protein and veggies. If you still want to serve it with something on the side we recommend the followings:
- Cornbread. Southern style cornbread goes well with this recipe, it adds just a bit of sweetness to the overall savory dish. Here is our recipe for Southern Cornbread.
- Salad. A light salad is the perfect choice.
- Mexican Street Corn. Corn on the cob is always a great choice and it goes well with any dish. Try our recipe for Mexican Street Corn and make a double batch, you can thank me later.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small yellow onion (diced)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 red bell pepper (cleaned and sliced or chopped)
- 1 green bell pepper (cleaned and sliced or chopped)
- 2 jalapeño peppers (seeds removed and chopped)
- 15 ounce can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup corn kernels (drained from a can or frozen and thawed)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 15 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 cup uncooked basmati rice
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese (divided)
- chopped fresh cilantro
- diced avocado
- chopped jalapeño
- chopped green onion
- sour cream
- Turn the Instant Pot to SAUTE mode and add the oil.
- Once hot and shimmering, add the beef, onion, and salt and cook until; the beef is nicely browned and no longer pink, about 7-9 minutes.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, peppers, black beans, corn, chili powder, cumin, taco and garlic powder. Stir to combine.
- Add the water and using a wooden spoon scrape any bits that stuck to the bottom of the pot. Make sure to get every bit to avoid a burn warning.
- Pour in the diced tomatoes and salsa. Do NOT stir.
- Rinse the rice and drain. Add it on top and do NOT stir, but using a wooden spoon gently distribute it in an even layer, press it slightly to submerge it under the liquid.
- Cover and seal the Instant Pot.
- Cook on high pressure for 20 minutes. Allow the pressure to release naturally for 20 minutes, and then quick release any remaining pressure.
- Remove the lid and stir for the rice to absorb any remaining liquid. Taste and adjust for any seasonings.
- Stir in ½ cup of the shredded cheese, then sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. Cover with the lid for the cheese to melt from the remaining heat.
- Serve with any desired toppings.