Mexican Street Corn
Instant Pot Mexican Casserole
Mexican Street Corn Recipe
Mexican Street Corn is a classic summer staple that works perfectly with any dish! Perfectly seasoned and served with a mixture of creamy cotija cheese.
Grilled corn recipe
When it comes to hosting a party, Mexican street corn, commonly known as elote, is necessary. It may be served at both casual backyard gatherings and formal meals.
Mexican cuisine is my personal favorite since it is bursting with flavors and special spices. My family demands that I cook this exact dish every summer since it is so simple to follow.
As you can also see it in many food trucks, you probably already know this. It is ideal for a fast meal or as an afternoon snack.
Additionally, Mexican street corn can be used as a main dish or a side dish. Sharing this recipe, which I have been using for a while, with you would be great.
Try serving this with our Mexican Casserole
- 8 cobs corn
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup cilantro (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder.
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 cup cotija cheese (crumbled)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder (or paprika to garnish)
- Lime wedges to serve.
- Shuck the corn and fully wrap in Heavy Duty Foil.
- Turn the grill on high and preheat it for 10 minutes. Arrange the corn and grill it for 10-15 minutes, turning from time to time for even cooking.
- In a medium bowl, combine sour cream, mayo, cilantro (leave some for garnish), minced garlic, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, cumin, and fresh lime juice. Stir to blend and set aside.
- Partially unwrap the corn to cool for a few minutes before applying the sauce.
- Keeping the foil under the corn, using a basting brush apply the sauce on top of the corn, sprinkle generously with crumbled cotija cheese.
- Garnish with chili powder and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.