5 Minute Oreo Dessert
5 Minute Oreo Dessert – 3 ingredients!
3 simple ingredients—Oreo cookies, butter, and heavy cream—can be combined to create the creamy dessert known as the “5 Minute Oreo Dessert” in only a few minutes. It doesn’t get any simpler than that to make a delicious and enjoyable dessert! For this dish, you don’t even need to use the stove or the oven. Have kids help. They’ll enjoy crushing cookies and scraping out the filling!
On March 6, 1912, the Oreo cookie began its ascent to stardom. The National Biscuit Company, now known as Nabisco, was the company that initially launched it. The first batch of the most popular cookie in the world was created in a factory in Chelsea, New York. They were then available for just a quarter a pound.
Only a few ingredients are needed for this 5-minute Oreo dessert recipe. Butter, cream, and the cookies. A baking dish to put it all in, a bowl for the cream, and a baggie for the cookie dough and topping are all that are required after that. This is the kind of delicious food that you can just enjoy while watching the children devour it.
Try this with our No Churn Cherry Ice Cream
- 25 Oreo cookies (regular not double cream)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 cup whipping cream (very cold)
- First, separate the cookies, place the creamy white middles into a large bowl, and put the top and bottom cookies in a food processor or Ziploc bag.
- Pulse until the cookies become crumbs, or if using a Ziploc bag, use your hands or rolling pin to crush them.
- Mix 2/3 of the cookie crumbs with melted butter and press the mixture into the bottom of an 8×8 square pan.
- Add the heavy whipping cream to the bowl with the creamy middles, and beat with an electric hand mixer, until fully combined and stiff peaks form.
- Add the creamy mixture into an even layer on top of the crust and top with the remaining cookie crumbs.
- Refrigerate for 3-4 hours before slicing and serving.