Air Fryer Twice Baked Potatoes
Cheesy Air Fryer Twice Baked Potatoes
Air Fryer Twice Baked Potatoes are crispy on the outside with melty cheese and fluffy mashed taters on the inside. And the best part is that using your fryer instead of a regular oven will reduce the preparation time in half. Also, you can add any of your family’s preferred toppings to this delicious potato meal.
With the help of this simple air fryer recipe, you can transform an ordinary baked potato into a beauty that you can serve with one of your elegant dinners or simply eat as a snack.
The best part is that utilizing the fryer makes it so simple and quick that you don’t have to wait all day for them to cook in the oven.
How to serve:
The fact that nearly anything may be used as a topping is one of the best things about this recipe. Try a few of these suggestions:
These go well with either these lemon pepper wings or air-fried chicken wings.
To make these potatoes even creamier, top them with a dab of extra sour cream.
To make this your main meal, add pulled or shredded pork or chicken from the grill.
Arrange your family’s preferred toppings in individual bowls so they may each pick their favorite.
Why are they called twice baked potatoes?
Because they’ve actually been cooked twice. They are first baked whole, and the potato filling is frequently combined with or garnished with shredded cheese, green onions, or other delectable flavors. You re-cook the stuffed potato shells with the mashed potatoes.
Try with some Crispy Baked Chicken Thighs
- 6 large russet potatoes (scrubbed clean)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar (divided)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 green onions (thinly sliced, plus more for garnish)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Wash, scrub and pat dry the potatoes with paper towels.
- Poke the potatoes all over with a fork, then rub them with oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Arrange the potatoes in the basket of the air fryer and cook at 400 degrees F for 40 minutes.
- After that, arrange on a large baking sheet, and let them cool until cool enough to handle.
- Cutting lengthwise, and scoop the inside out of each potato leaving a ½” border.
- Place the insides in a large bowl and add butter, milk, and sour cream. Mix until mostly smooth, but with some small chunks.
- Add 1 cup of cheese and green onions and stir until incorporated. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fill in the baked potatoes with potato mixture and place them in the basket of the air fryer.
- Top with the remaining 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese.
- Cook at 400 degrees F until the cheese is melted, for 4-5 minutes.
- Garnish with more green onions before serving.