Pineapple Dump Cake
Pineapple Dump Cake Recipe
With only 5 ingredients and little to no preparation time, Pineapple Dump Cake is packed with sweet pineapple chunks in every mouthful. This is one of the simplest cake recipes you’ve ever attempted because, aside from the pineapple and cake mix, you only need a few ingredients. It is a straightforward dessert dish that can be used for any event.
Our delicious recipe for pineapple dump cake is ideal for celebrations, special occasions, or any day you want a sweet indulgence. For a summer dessert by the pool, the mildly tropical taste pairs nicely with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
When you need to prepare dessert quickly but still want something delicious, this is the dish to choose. It works well for barbecue gatherings and potluck get-togethers. You will spend much less time on preparation.
You can also add some tasty vanilla or coconut ice cream, fresh whipped cream, and a few maraschino cherries to it before serving it hot or chilled. Maraschino cherries are a wonderful addition to this treat because they give it a lovely texture and a mild almond flavor.
The pineapples and cherries go on the bottom of the cake, which is also referred to as cherry pineapple dump cake, both during preparation and when serving. Try some other dessert dishes, like our Strawberry Crisp with oats and brown sugar, if you think this one sounds good.
Maybe add some of our No Churn Cheery Ice Cream with this.
How to serve:
This quick dessert recipe can be prepared for a celebration like a birthday, an anniversary, or a holiday and is done in less than an hour. Actually, this quick and simple pineapple dump cake is so simple to make that you can enjoy it whenever you want. Try one of these creative presenting ideas:
- Add cherry pie filling or blueberry pie filling on top of this pineapple cake for an absolutely delicious, sweet, and tangy flavor.
- In fact, you can use any fruit filling including strawberry, peach, or apple.
- Instead, top the pineapple dump cake with pineapple chunks or rings.
- Make your pineapple dump cake even more tropical by adding shredded coconut to the top of the entire cake.
- This impressive dessert will look even more impressive served with vanilla wafers and a handful of fresh blueberries on top.
- 40 oz pineapple tidbits (or use a combo tidbits and crushed pineapple – reserve the juice from one can)
- 1 cup maraschino cherries (without tail)
- 15.25 oz yellow cake mix (or white)
- 1/2 cup butter (melted)
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Position a rack in the center of the oven.
- Butter or spray with baking spray a 9×13 baking pan.
- Add the 2 cans of drained pineapple tidbits to the bottom of the pan and spread it evenly.
- Add the cherries, and also spread them evenly.
- Sprinkle the cake mix evenly over the top of the pineapple and cherries.
- Drizzle the reserved pineapple juice from one can, over the top of the cake mix.
- Then drizzle the melted butter. Try to cover as much as you can the cake mix layer with liquid.
- Sprinkle the light brown sugar over the top of the cake mix.
- Cover the baking dish with a sheet of aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes, then remove the aluminum foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes. The top of the cake should be golden browned and slightly crunchy.
- Remove from the oven and serve warm or cold.