Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli
Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli
In the most incredible Asian sauce, delicate beef that melts in your mouth is used to make Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli. a weekday classic that can be prepared in the pressure cooker in a fraction of the time.
The nicest aspect of cooking meals in an instant pot is that you can use either fresh or frozen meat. It’s enjoyable and simple to do. Planning supper is now stress-free as a result!
Best instant pot beef and broccoli
Better than Chinese takeout, this quick beef and broccoli stir fry is cooked in the instant pot with only a few basic ingredients. You already know how much I enjoy a delicious, simple supper that I can prepare during the week with little effort.
In this recipe, the beef is sauteed first, then the remaining ingredients are added to the instant pot, and supper is essentially done. You save time by not having to clean several pots, which is always a plus in my book. This home-cooked recipe can be served with white rice or, as my kid prefers, with thick noodles.
The Asian-inspired sauce goes really well with the delicate meat. Serve white rice, brown rice, or noodles on the side with this mouthwatering Instant Pot beef main meal. Serve it with cauliflower rice if you want a low-carb alternative. The entire family will enjoy this well-known dish!
For Dessert Try Our Lemon Pound Cake
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 lbs flank steak (sliced across the grain)
- 1/4 cup water
- 12 oz frozen broccoli bag (steamed)
- 1 tablespoon garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger (minced)
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup soy sauce (low sodium)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 cup beef broth (low sodium)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar (or 1/2 cup for a sweeter version)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup green onions (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- In a medium bowl whisk together all the ingredients listed in the Sauce compartment. Set aside.
- Press Sauté on the Instant Pot-> wait for the Instant Pot indicator to read HOT.
- Add vegetable oil, once the oil is hot, add the beef in one layer (in batches), do not move or turn the beef for about 2 minutes to make sure it gets a nice sear on one side (this is important). Stir the beef and sauté for 2 minutes on the other side. Remove, set aside on a plate covered in foil and brown another batch of beef, and set aside.
- Once done with browning the beef, add 1/4 cup of water to the pot to deglaze it. Using a wooden spoon, try to get any bits and pieces that are stuck to the bottom of the pot.
- Add the beef back to the pot, pour the sauce mixture on top. Stir to combine.
- Close lid and pressure cook on High Pressure for 10 minutes + 10 minutes Natural Release. After 10 minutes of NPR, turn off the Instant Pot. Release the remaining pressure. Open the lid.
- Make the cornstarch slurry: In a small bowl mix cornstarch with water until fully combined. With the IP on the Sauté function, add the slurry to the pot, stir to combine, and cook for 2-3 minutes on Sauté, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens. If needed add more slurry (1 tbsp cornstarch mixed with 1 tbsp water) until desired thickness is achieved. Keep in mind that the sauce will thicken more once it cools.
- Stir in the steamed broccoli.
- Turn off the Instant Pot and serve over rice or noodles. Garnish with fresh chopped green onions and sesame seeds.