Homemade Caramel Popcorn
Homemade Caramel Popcorn Recipe
Sweet and chewy with the perfect amount of crunch, caramel popcorn is delicious! For your upcoming movie night, make a large quantity of this beloved snack! I can make this caramel popcorn recipe whenever I want, whether or not it’s movie night! This delicious snack may be made with just a few ingredients and an hour of baking time. It’s like getting a snack that combines two of my favorite things.
One of my favorite flavors is caramel, and I enjoy the stickiness of it. I enjoy putting it on nearly anything as a topper. Furthermore, its silky and gooey texture provides a wonderful counterpoint to this crunchy nibble.
On the other hand, popcorn has consistently been a crowd favorite and a preferred movie-goer snack. It is the perfect food item for the audience because of the bite-sized bits and the variety of flavors available. And making it from kernels is quite simple.
What do you need to make caramel popcorn:
- Popcorn: For this recipe, you must be able to precook the kernels to allow them to pop.
- Salt, butter, and vanilla: These ingredients add flavors that complement that sweetness.
- Dark brown sugar and corn syrup: These act as the sweeteners.
- Baking soda: It reacts with the caramel making it more spreadable.
How do you make caramel popcorn crunchy?
Bake it for a longer period or cook the sauce longer. But, both options result in a tendency to become harder. This is also true for the sauce. The longer that you cook it, the thicker it becomes and the more difficult it is to spread.
Need a sweet treat for movie night: Chocolate Pound Cake
- 10 cups popped popcorn.
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 cup butter (salted or unsalted)
- 1 1/2 cup dark brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Make popcorn per package instructions.
- Prepare two large baking sheets by lining them with parchment paper and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Add popped popcorn to a very large bowl.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Stir in brown sugar, corn syrup, and salt. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil without stirring 4 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in soda and vanilla extract.
- Pour over the popcorn and stir to coat.
- Distribute the caramel in one layer onto the prepared baking sheets and bake stirring every 15 minutes, for 1 hour. Remove from oven and let cool completely before breaking into smaller pieces.