Crockpot Balsamic Pork Loin
Crock Pot Balsamic Pork Loin Recipe
Slowly cooking the pork loin in the crock pot produces meat that is fall-apart tender and bursting with flavor. This is a delicious and simple weekday meal for active families.
Slow cooker balsamic pork loin
One of my all-time favorite pork recipes is this Crock Pot Pork Loin recipe. First of all, the meat is highly enhanced by the garlic balsamic sauce. It is flavorful, and when cooked for an extended period of time, it perfectly tenderizes the meat.
Second, it’s among the simplest recipes you can prepare on a hectic workday or weeknight. You merely put everything into the crockpot, set the timer, and sit back and watch it work its wonders.
Your room will be filled with a lot of joy thanks to the smell and aromas. Additionally, if you are very busy set, it up before heading to work. An inviting supper will be ready when you get home in the evening!
Here, I love using loin cut. However, pork chops or even pork shoulder roast will also work. Try it out and you’ll understand why everyone loves this simple dish so much!
What is pork loin?
It is important to know the difference between loin and tenderloin. They are two different meat cuts.
- The loin is a thicker and wider cut and can be bone-in or boneless meat. It goes under the same name as a center-cut roast, center-cut rib roast.
- Tenderloin is a thinner cut, that is also longer, narrower, and is always boneless meat cut. In addition, tenderloin is leaner, and pretty much does not have any fat.
Serve with Creamy Potato Gratin
- 3 ½-4-pound pork loin (trimmed of fat with just a little left for flavor)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup balsamic reduction
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 garlic cloves minced.
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika.
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dry Italian herbs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Prepare the Meat:
- Pat dry the loin using paper towels. Next, trim out the visible fat from the top, leaving just a very thin layer that will add more flavor when cooking.
- Place a large skillet, over medium-high heat, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and when the oil starts shimmering, add the loin to it. Sear it for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until it is a nice golden brown color.
- In a bowl, combine all the SAUCE ingredients. Whisk to combine.
- Add the seared loin to the slow cooker, fat side up. Next, pour the sauce all over the meat. Add the rosemary sprigs. Cover the slow cooker with the lid, and cook for 8-9 hours on LOW or 4-5 hours on HIGH.
- Once done cooking, remove the meat from the pot and transfer it to a cutting board.
- Cover it with foil and let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- You can either slice it or shred it, serve with rice or your favorite sides.
- Garnish with fresh rosemary and chopped parsley.