Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole with Potatoes
A delicious and hearty dish, Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole with Potatoes is made with chicken, bacon, and obviously loads of cheese. Your entire family will adore this dish, which is made with baby potatoes, skinless, boneless chicken breasts, crispy bacon, and creamy ranch sauce.
According to experts, the first casserole was cooked in the early Greek era when people baked meals with rice and a meaty filling. The first recorded dish used chicken and rice that had been ground up. Elmire Jolicoeur, a native of New Hampshire, created it. In 1865, she and her husband immigrated to the US, and while there, she prepared the dish for her women’s club.
Chicken breasts, potatoes, garlic, smoked paprika, and ranch dressing are the only items required for this delicious bacon ranch potato bake recipe. Green scallions, crumbled bacon, and two types of melted cheese are then added on top.
Every mouthful delivers a flavorful explosion! Ranch flavor fills the entire casserole, which also contains tender chicken, creamy melted cheese, and notes of bacon, garlic, and smoked paprika. This will quickly become a household staple.
How to serve:
This ranch chicken bacon potato casserole recipe is delicious with melty cheese, crunchy bacon, and ranch-flavored chicken and potatoes. Give one of these awesome serving ideas a try or share your own in the comments section.
- Add a scoop of sour cream on top for extra creaminess.
- Serve with a side of homemade bread sticks to soak up the creamy sauce.
- This is a great way to use up leftover chicken from the night before.
- Another way to top this yummy casserole dish is with BBQ Sauce to make barbecue chicken bacon ranch casserole with potatoes.
- Sprinkle some extra bacon and shredded cheese on top just before serving.
- Use leftovers to make another delicious casserole.
- Add a scoop of the casserole to a hoagie bun to make a chicken bacon ranch sandwich.
ADD A Dessert Like Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- 1.5 lbs. Yukon gold yellow potatoes (or any other potatoes you have on hand)
- 2 lbs skinless boneless chicken breasts (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 cup creamy ranch dressing (divided)
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese (shredded)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 cup crispy bacon crumbs (store-bought or homemade)
- 1/3 cup diced green onion
- Preheat oven to 450F. Grease a 9×13-inch casserole dish with oil spray and set it aside.
- Peel, wash, and cut the potatoes into chunks. Dry them with a paper towel.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the potatoes with ¼ cup ranch dressing, salt, pepper, smoked paprika, and garlic. Stir with a spatula to combine and evenly coat the potatoes.
- Transfer the potatoes to the prepared casserole dish and distribute them in an even layer.
- Bake for 30 minutes, mixing one time through cooking to ensure even cooking.
- Meanwhile, mix the chicken pieces with the remaining ¼ cup ranch dressing and marinate while the potatoes cook.
- After 30 minutes, place the chicken on top of the potatoes, cover it with aluminum foil, and bake for 20 mins more or until the chicken is done.
- Take the casserole dish out of the oven, for better results, give everything a good stir, and top with crumbled bacon, shredded cheese, and finally green onions.
- Bake for 10 more minutes, uncovered until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Garnish with more green onions, and dollops of sour cream, and serve.