Instant Pot Chicken Breast
Instant Pot Chicken Breast Recipe
The Instant Pot makes it simple to make juicy, delicious, and moist chicken breast. This recipe is useful if your diet calls for more protein!
Perfect instant pot chicken breast
When I need cooked white meat to add to other dishes or when I just want a simple supper, I cook chicken breast in my Instant Pot. This simple recipe yields delicate, juicy meat that is full of taste and healthy properties.
Simply add a little amount of this dish to your salad or pasta to improve it. Using the pressure cooker also allows me to prepare this while preparing other meals on the stove and in the oven. In addition to having perfectly cooked white meat with minimal effort, I can quickly prepare a full menu of foods!
For frozen breasts:
Cooking frozen ones will require an additional 3 to 5 minutes of cooking time and at least an additional 5 minutes to build up the pressure. As a result, you should increase the cooking time for frozen items by around 10 minutes. You may also check the internal temperature of the meat after it has been cooked. Feel free to continue cooking it for a few minutes longer if the target internal temperature of 165 degrees F was not reached.
Try this with our Lemon Pound Cake
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 boneless (skinless chicken breasts, thawed)
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Lemon slices
- Combine all the seasoning ingredients in a shallow bowl.
- Pat dry chicken breasts and toss in the seasoning to cover all sides. Set aside.
- Select the sauté function on the Instant Pot at the highest setting.
- After the display reads Hot, add oil to the pot and wait for it to start sizzling.
- Carefully add the chicken breasts and cook about 3 to 4 minutes on each side, until golden-brown. Remove from pot with tongs and set aside on a plate.
- Add 1 cup water if using a 6 qt pot ( 1 ½ for 8-quart pot), and place a trivet inside the pot.
- Arrange the chicken on the trivet.
- Lock the lid, point valve to sealed and cook on high pressure for 5 minutes, followed by 5 minutes natural pressure release. Then, quick release the rest.
- Remove the chicken from the pot, and allow to rest for about 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with lemon slices.