Honey Garlic Pork Chops
Instant Pot Honey Garlic Pork Chops
The most delicious honey garlic sauce is flawlessly soaked up by the succulent and tender Instant Pot honey garlic pork chops. Use fresh or frozen chops for this fast and simple dinner that takes less than 30 minutes to prepare.
Honey Garlic Pork Chops in the Instant Pot
First of all, this is the ideal choice if you need a quick supper because you are busy. The meat is easily prepared, placed in the IP, and cooked for less than 15 minutes.
Dinner is presented in an instant! The fact that you can use a pressure cooker to cook fresh or frozen meat is another reason why I adore this recipe. The only change would be to cook frozen chops for a few more minutes, but the results are still delicious. Similarly, cooking chops with or without bones is simple.
The meat is also perfectly cooked, extremely delicious, juicy, and tender. It has a lovely finishing touch from the honey garlic sauce, which also elevates the flavors. I enjoy preparing extra sauce and freezing it to use in other recipes later.
Try this with our Creamy Potato Gratin
- 4-6 pork chops (boneless or bone-in – about 1 inch thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter (unsalted)
- 6 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup honey (or maple syrup if allergic)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- In a small bowl, combine the dry rub: salt, chili powder, smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, white pepper, brown sugar, and all-purpose flour.
- Pat dry the pork chops and season with the dry rub mix well on all the sides.
- Set the Instant Pot to sauté and once hot add the butter.
- When the butter is melted, add the meat and sear it until browned, about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove and set aside. Add the garlic, mustard seeds, and cook stirring for 30 seconds.
- Add 2 tablespoons of flour, stir well, and continue cooking for 1 minute, or until the flour is slightly browned.
- Add the broth and scrape the brown bits stuck to the bottom of the pot with a wooden spoon.
- Add the honey and the vinegar, stir well. Taste and adjust for salt and pepper.
- Return the pork chops back to the pot.
- Cover the pressure cooker and make sure the valve is pointed to sealed.
- Cook on HIGH pressure for 7 minutes.
- Release the pressure naturally for 10 minutes. After that, open the valve to quickly release the remaining pressure.
- Remove the pork chops from the Instant Pot, place them on a plate, and cover them with foil.
- If you want the honey garlic sauce thicker, click on Saute and mix in a small bowl 1 tablespoon of cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of water until dissolved. Add the slurry to the sauce and cook stirring for 5 minutes, or until thickened.
- Serve the meat with the honey garlic sauce and fresh chopped parsley.