Ham and Cheese Pasta
Ham and Cheese Pasta Recipe
In less than 30 minutes, you can have one pan ham and cheese pasta that is creamy, cheesy, and delicious. It is the ideal cozy dinner recipe for hectic weekdays.
Easy ham and cheese pasta
Ham and cheese pasta is always my go-to meal when I don’t have much free time or just want something quick and simple. In the beginning, it is both affordable and pleasurable. Your entire family will be fed by this delicious lunch. Second, it may be made in bigger quantities and frozen for later use. It also takes less than 30 minutes to prepare. The leftovers are delectable and simple to store. Additionally, I adore how adaptable this recipe is. For instance, you might use several kinds of pasta or cheese. It also means that you have to do less effort because it is a one-pot pasta recipe. The best comfort meal and a fantastic way to use up leftover ham are combined in this dish.
How to make ham and cheese pasta casserole?
Making an oven-baked casserole is equally simple and delicious.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- While the oven is heating up, boil the pasta in a large pot for about 6-8 minutes. You can use any type of pasta, such as elbow macaroni, etc. Ensure that it is cooked al dente since it will still be cooking in the oven.
- Use a casserole baking dish and add the al dente macaroni, Cheddar cheese, ham, and mix together. Season with salt and pepper. Feel free to sprinkle breadcrumbs over it.
- Lastly, bake the casserole for about 25 minutes, or until lightly browned and baked.
Add a slice of Chocolate Pound Cake for dessert.
- 4 tablespoon olive oil divided.
- 2 cups cubed ham cut into 1-inch cubes.
- 3 cloves garlic minced.
- 1 quart chicken broth low sodium
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1-pound medium shell pasta
- 2 1/2 cups parmesan cheese freshly shredded.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste.
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley chopped.
Place a large pan over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and brown the ham.
Once the ham is browned, add two more tablespoons of olive oil and minced garlic, stir and sauté for about one minute.
Add chicken broth, heavy cream, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, and uncooked pasta, stir to combine.
Once the mixture starts to boil, cover and reduce heat to a simmer.
Simmer for 15-20 minutes or until pasta is tender, stir occasionally.
Remove from heat and stir in 2 cups of shredded parmesan cheese. Taste and adjust for salt and pepper.
Serve sprinkled with fresh parsley and remaining cheese.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.