Oven Baked Chicken Tenders
Crispy Oven Baked Chicken Tenders
The surface of oven-baked chicken tenders is coated in a crispy coating of crumbs, while the interior is moist and soft. Furthermore they are simple and straightforward to prepare! We love oven-baked foods since they are usually flavorful and on the healthier side.
Everyone loves these oven-baked chicken tenders! The variety of textures in this dish enhances its allure. It has a huge range of applications. You can use it as a fantastic party meal if you serve it with a variety of dip options! These are also well-liked by kids and are wonderful additions to lunchboxes. In this dish, the chicken strips are made from chicken breasts. The meat is simple to prepare because they are boneless. And because of this, it’s perfect to offer as finger food, especially to children!
However, there aren’t many flavors in this cut. And because we will be slicing them into strips, which increases the surface area, which makes the recipe a perfect way to prepare them. The increased surface area means more area to add seasonings, hence make chicken tenders taste amazing!
What is the difference between chicken nuggets and tenders?
Tenders are solid and derived from a real chicken portion. Nuggets, on the other hand, are shaped pieces of flesh, though the meat may also come from the breasts. Nuggets are occasionally marinated and breaded. The nuggets may be less healthy compared to the other because they have undergone additional processing. You won’t be able to tell which component went into the nuggets either. Therefore, it is preferable if you can make them from scratch if you are going to cook them.
A great side dish is Air Fryer Potato Skins
- 2 lbs chicken breast (trimmed of excess fat and cut into 1-inch width strips)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
- In a shallow dish or pie pan, whisk together the flour, salt and pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- In another shallow dish, beat the eggs lightly.
- In a third dish, whisk together the breadcrumbs and panko breadcrumbs.
- Dip each chicken strip in the flour mixture, then in the egg mixture, then toss in the breadcrumb’s mixture. Place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Spray each of the chicken strips lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve with your favorite sauce.