One Pan Creamy Corn Chicken Recipe
One Pan Creamy Corn Chicken Recipe
Fresh chicken thighs are cooked in a sweet corn sauce with crispy bacon, sweet peas, and creamy corn for a unique and delicious supper. You may prepare this simple chicken and corn dish for yourself to keep in meal prep containers or for a family gathering. This is a simple process to freeze for up to three months.
Contrary to popular belief, creamed corn has been around for a while. It is also known as creamy corn or sweet corn in the cream style. However, you choose to refer to it, you probably won’t be shocked to learn that the Native Americans were the ones to initiate this delicious tradition hundreds of years ago. Additionally, it is still well-liked today as a soup or side dish.
The components for this delicious creamy corn chicken dish are not numerous. Just pick up some onions, bacon, grape tomatoes, broad beans, cream, and young rocket leaves in addition to the chicken, corn, and spices. Before serving, melt the handmade herb butter over top for a mouthful of delectable taste.
How to serve:
You can have this comfort food any time of the year, but it is especially good during the winter. You will love serving this deliciously seasoned chicken and creamy sauce to the family and they will be asking for seconds so you may want to make extra. Here are some great serving ideas to try or you can share some of your own ideas with us in the comments section at the bottom of the page.
- You can serve this as a main course with sides or it can be a great meal on its own.
- Serve this great dish on a bed of rice.
- Add Romano or parmesan cheese on top for a richer flavor.
- Turn leftovers into creamy chicken and corn chowder.
- Creamy corn chicken goes perfectly with any side dish from veggies to potatoes.
- Another way to top this dish is with some Chipotle Sauce
- Add some shredded cheese on top and let it melt for extra cheesy goodness.
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter (diced – at room temperature)
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil (chopped – optional)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 chicken thighs (skin-on bone-in)
- 6 bacon slices (coarsely chopped)
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 1 cup sweet corn (can be canned and drained, or from 4 fresh corncobs)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 1/4 cups cooking cream
- 1 cup chicken stock (or chicken broth)
- 1 cup sweet peas (thawed)
- Baby rocket leaves (to serve)
Make the herbed butter:
- Place the butter, minced garlic, thyme, and basil in a small bowl, and use a fork to mash the mixture until well combined. Transfer the mixture to a piece of baking paper and shape it into a log, then roll it up tightly in the paper to enclose it. Place in the fridge until ready to use.
Cook the chicken and bacon:
- Place a large cast-iron pan over medium-high heat and heat the oil. Add half of the chicken, skin-side down, and cook for 5 minutes or until golden. Turn and cook for 1 more minute. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Next, add the chopped bacon to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-5 minutes or until golden and crispy. Transfer it to the same plate as the chicken.
Make the creamy corn sauce:
- Discard all but about 2 tablespoons of the bacon fat from the pan, and reduce the heat to medium. Add the onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add in the corn, cherry tomatoes, cream, and chicken stock, and stir until fully combined
- Stir in the bacon and return the chicken to the pan, skin-side up. Bring the mixture to a simmer then reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 20-30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the liquid reduces.
- Add the sweet peas in the last 10 minutes of cooking.
- Remove the pan from heat. Slice the chilled garlic butter log and place the pieces of butter on top of the chicken to melt. Serve immediately with greens like rocket.