Air Fryer Turkey Breast
Air Fryer Turkey Breast Recipe
A savory sauce mixed with herbs, spices, and maple syrup is drizzled over the air-fried turkey breast, which is exceptionally moist and tasty. With this recipe, you can prepare a delicious turkey breast in less than an hour. Using butter or olive oil can help the seasonings adhere to the turkey skin better. Try our air fryer turkey breast recipe for supper today or for a family feast with your favorite sides.
Thanksgiving likely comes to mind when you think about turkey. After all, 90% of Americans have that for Thanksgiving each year. There is no proof that turkey was part of the first dinner the Pilgrims and Wampanoag had in 1621, despite what some claim.
The myth claims that the Pilgrims served wildfowl, but chicken or turkey could have been used instead. But since the early 1500s, turkey has been a common dish in Mexico, Central America, and England.
For a small Thanksgiving dinner with only a few guests, air-frying the turkey breast is a quick and simple method of cooking the bird. It is similar to fried turkey without all the oil and fat when you cook your turkey breast in the air fryer. Another excellent technique to free up valuable oven space for other baked products is to use an air fryer.
Additionally, if you don’t want to roast a whole turkey for Thanksgiving, this recipe is ideal. By doing so, you can cook your main dish while using the oven to cook various side dishes or desserts.
The end product is a breast that is coated with the excellent sauce and is crispy on the outside. However, we advise brining the meat before cooking for the best outcomes. Make sure to pat it dry before drizzling the sauce mixture over it.
How to serve:
This tender meat smothered with herb butter mixture is a simple and fast weeknight meal. It is much easier and faster than making a whole turkey if you are just serving a few people. The butter keeps the meat juicy while it cooks to give you the best turkey breast you have ever served. Try one of these ideas or share some of your own in the comments section below.
- Mashed potatoes are a perfect side dish for this air fryer turkey breast recipe.
- Another way to serve this turkey breast is to make sandwiches. Slather some bread with mayonnaise or Dijon mustard for a tasty lunch or snack.
- Instead of roasted veggies, feel free to use your favorite side dishes like sweet potatoes, macaroni and cheese, or rice.
- Be sure to make some gravy for your turkey. You can make your own or use store-bought.
- You cannot have turkey without stuffing.
- Leftover turkey is great for salads, soups, or stews. You could also use it for a turkey casserole.
- Don’t forget the cranberry sauce. You can top your turkey with the delicious sauce or serve it on the side.
For Dessert Try our Raspberry Angel Food Cake
- 1 3-4 lbs turkey breast (boneless and skinless or bone-in and with skin, ribs removed)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Fresh rosemary or thyme
- Roasted vegetables (for serving)
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Use a paper towel to pat dry the turkey breast.
- In a small bowl, combine the seasoning sauce ingredients and stir well.
- Brush the mixture generously on the turkey, making sure to coat all the sides.
- If you are using a skin-on breast, start by placing it skin-side down in the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 25 minutes and after that flip it using thongs and continue to cook until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees (using an instant-read thermometer), about 50-50 minutes.
- Allow the meat to rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving with roasted vegetables.