Baked Chicken Parmesan Recipe
Baked Chicken Parmesan
The healthiest substitute for a fried supper is baked chicken parmesan. It is simple to cook and produces juicy, tender, and tasty meat. This dish is excellent for supper in particular since it will fill you up and make you happy within. When this dinner is taken out of the oven, it will still be moist and delicious.
This handmade meal is very unique. The best thing about it is that it goes nicely with a variety of side dishes while being hearty and savory.
Easy baked chicken parmesan
One of the most popular and delicious recipes available is baked chicken parmesan, often known as chicken Parmigiana. It always turns up wonderfully soft and has a delicious scent when I bake it. This dish stands out because of the sauce and melting mozzarella cheese. I adore the way the chicken is covered with mozzarella cheese and how well the marinara sauce goes with it. This recipe is quick and easy to prepare and is well worth the time.
It will be the talk of the week at your dinner party if you serve it with spaghetti or potatoes and a side salad. It melts in your mouth thanks to the perfectly proportioned amount of cheese added by the melted mozzarella on top. This is one of the best baked chicken parmesan dish available, and adding some fresh basil makes it even tastier.
Any time of year is ideal for eating it. It is also far tastier and healthier than anything fried. Prepare your family and friends for a quick and delicious lunch by doing so.
Add our Butter Swim Biscuits to this and our Cucumber Tomato Avocado Salad for a full Meal.
- 3 medium-large skinless/boneless chicken breasts (sliced into cutlets or use smaller chicken breasts)
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup regular bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- Fresh chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a large baking dish with cooking spray and set aside. If desired, for extra crispiness to bake the chicken you can place a cooling rack inside a baking dish.
- In a large shallow bowl, combine all the “Chicken Crust” ingredients.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg and buttermilk.
- Place chicken cutlets on a cutting board and using a flat meat mallet or rolling pin, pound it to flatten it.
- Take each chicken cutlet and dip it into the egg mixture, shake to drain and roll it into the bread crumbs mixture. Cover it very well in bread crumbs. Place the chicken into the prepared baking dish (or onto the cooling rack)
- Spray the top of each chicken cutlet with vegetable oil spray and bake it in the oven for 15-20 minutes, it should look golden brown and crispy.
- Top each chicken cutlet with a few tablespoons of marinara sauce, add the rest to the baking dish. Top each cutlet with some shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Return to the oven and bake for another 5-10 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- Garnish with freshly chopped parsley and serve.